Saturday 10 March 2012

Take A Kid Fishing

As a angler I think to myself is there anything better then seeing my kids catch a fish.  The answer to this question is no.  The satisfaction the kids get out of fishing is really amazing.  Size of their catch is not an issue, as long as they get out there and have fun whilst learning the craft we so truly love, that's all that matters.

Getting a fishing rod into a kids hand is the first step and soon enough they will fall in love with fishing for life.  Choose an appropriate size rod based on their size and get them outdoors.

The look on kids faces when they hook up and land even the smallest fish is priceless, plus it makes them feel so proud and so it should.  As a parent myself I couldn't ask for more than watching my kids catching fish and having fun whilst doing so.

Teach kids the basics, teach them it is all about having fun and show them how to retrieve a fish and most importantly teach them that you don't have to keep everything they catch.  Catch and Release is very important as it protects our future stock levels and for these kids we all love so dearly they are the future generation of anglers. 

At the end of a days fishing its also important to teach them how to protect our wildlife and leave our fishing spots how we found them. Cleaning up your rubbish and taking it home if there aren't bins provided is a step in the right direction.

Some generous members from my site have kindly sent some pics through showing their kids having a go and enjoying themselves.


 I believe the message I'm trying to get across here is very simple. TAKE A KID FISHING



No comments:

Post a Comment